Friday, December 19, 2008

The Concealed Charms Of Humble Things

Two consecutive Fridays of this month I found myself in two grueling shoots in Tanauan, Batangas. I helped art-directing a branding initiative for a client of Vgrafiks, upon the behest of Russel and Chan. The first Friday was allocated for print, billboard and collaterals production that Art Abraham photographed and the second for capabilities video, directed by Ned and Cenon. I will not enumerate the many insanely hilarious misadventures we all had. Yeah the whole ordeal was tiresome but we had great fun.

While shooting the video in the public market Missy went nuts and began chasing random kids selling stuff from crushed black pepper to crackers. She was merrily snapping pictures of vendors, beggars and kargadors with mad glee that I got infected. I borrowed her camera (technically it was Chan's camera but Missy was in charge of behind-the-scenes documentation) and decided to take snaps of curious objects I chanced upon the chaotic wet market.

No, I have no delusions of being Irving Penn. It was fun snapping pictures of stuff people were ignoring in various corners.

I posted more here.

.

No comments: